Assessments are in the form of assignments and OSCEs and allow students to formally demonstrate the standard of their learning throughout the duration of the course. This acts as evidence of students meeting the HEE qualification requirements.
The assessment strand of the course is comprised of two parts: Written and Practical.
- Complete 34 short answer assignments (of 100-800 words) covering core course units on your e-learning modules. This is an open book assignment and can be achieved at your own pace and time.
Once you sign up to the exam season, all deadlines will be sent to you via email confirmation.
Objective Structured Clinical Examinations (OSCEs): You will complete eight OSCE stations on your assessment day. These stations also cover dermatology, principles of treatment, cosmetic psychology, and the theory and practise of Botulinum toxins and soft tissue fillers
- Complete 8 Objective Structured Clinical Examinations (OSCEs) stations on the assessment day- this day also covers core course units on your e-learning modules. Each 15 minute station creates a scenario for you where you are assessed on how you react in each scenario using your aesthetic acumen achieved throughout your learning experience. Each station will have the essential information and tools needed for you to pass the station. Two out of the eight stations will comprise of two practical sessions that include you demonstrating your Botulinum Toxin and soft tissue filler administration.
As pharmacists- we would have experienced many OSCE examinations during our university learning- so we should be more than conditioned to achieve the required results.
Students are to submit:
- A portfolio of 40 aesthetic case studies- with a total of 20 observed and 20 supervised procedure cases while under your mentor in a clinical aesthetic setting.
Once you sign up with us- a handbook explaining each assessment process and what is needed will be provided for yourself. This will streamline your learning process.
The aesthetic case-studies must show evidence of:
- 10 observed procedures of Botulinum Toxin treatments
- 10 supervised procedures of BotulinumToxin treatment
- 10 observed procedures of soft tissue filler treatments
- 10 supervised procedures of soft tissue filler treatments
|Pass||You must achieve a minimum pass mark of 60% of the assessment criteria provided||
You must show no major failures and under 10 minor failures/errors (all within 3 attempts)
You will fail if 60% of the assessment criteria provided is not achieved.
|You will fail if you show a single major failure on any of the practical assessments or over 10 minor failures/errors in total.|
Students will have a limited number of attempts to pass or fail each assessment.